NUTRITION AND DIETICS
- Objective of the Training:
- The main objective of this program is to provide students with a strong professional background of nutrition.
- The department is aimed at creating a generation of holistic nutrition health care providers that will promote sustainable quality health care.
- Skills to be acquired:
- Work independently, collaborate in a team.
- Participate and lead a project management process.
- Know and exploit the professional and institutional networks of the food and nutritional sectors.
- Evaluate the nutritional status of a patient, formulate diets and make dietary dishes
- Facilitate therapeutic education session, interact with other specialist in the field of food in the food industry, catering and sports medicine by providing skills on nutritional quality and nutritional balance.
- Conduct consumer survey and participate in the development of new products.
- Carry out effective independent research.
3. Opportunities for Students.
- During studies, the school facilitates the securing of a voluntary internship for Students in well-equipped hospitals.
- Students can access facilities on campus such as the Library, Simulation center and Teaching Laboratories to facilitate learning.
- Students can obtain free laptops after registration
4. Upon Graduation
Graduates can gain employment with;
- The Public service, Private health service, NGOs, and related Industries.
- With the background in Entrepreneurship acquired during studies, students can become self employed and even create job opportunities for others.
5. Highlights Worthy of Pride
- We have a well-equipped Teaching health center that facilities the practical teaching of students
- Our team of qualified and devoted teachers guarantee the delivery of up to date knowledge and ensures the professionalism of our programmes
- Over the years we have also built and maintain a great working relationship with hospitals and Healthcare service providers for the Clinical Internships of our students
- We also enjoy the benefits of collaboration and support from established foreign University such as the Savanna State University of the United States of America.