BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (BTech)
We offer various Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degrees in the schools Medical and Biomedical Sciences. These degrees are done in partnership with the University of Buea(UB) under the mentorship agreement set out by the Ministry of Higher Education.
After their HND, students with cumulative grade point average of 12/20 and above may apply for admission into the Bachelor’s degree program. No student below this CGPA will be admitted into the program.
- The Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Degree is offered in partnership with the University of Buea (UB) following the mentorship agreement instituted by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Tution is provided for the six programs by Fomic Polytechnic under the supervision and quality assurance of the UB
- The six degree programs are all top-up degrees, which allow HND and equivalent holders to gain admission into the final year of a degree program. There is therefore no direct entry into the degree program with A/L
- The maximum period of study permissible for the top degree program is twice the normal period; 2 years for those with related HND or equivalent and four years for those with unrelated HND or equivalent.
- Teaching shall be organized on a Semester Course Credit System. Each course shall be evaluated in course credit terms whereby one credit shall be the equivalent of ten hours such that a 6 credit course should mean 60 contact hours
- Each course shall be assigned 6 credits.
- A session or academic year shall consist of two semesters of 15 weeks each.
- Each course is identified by a code made up of three letters designating the teaching unit and a three digit number, the first digit of which indicates the level of the course.
- The minimum load permissible per semester is 36 credits while the maximum load is 60 credits. Final year students, however, who require less than 36 units of courses in either semester to complete graduation requirement will be allowed to register for the outstanding courses only.
- Credit transfer from HND to the degree program is done by the academic board of FOMIC POLYTECHNIC University using a predetermined scale.
The degree programmes we offer here include:
- B-Tech in Nursing
- B-Tech in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- B-Tech in Midwifery
- B-Tech in Physiotherapy
- B-Tech in Health Sanitary Inspector
- B-Tech in Nutrition and Dietetics.